Ketogenic Friendly Sandwich Rolls
One thing about living a “keto inspired” lifestyle is that you’ll probably crave a sandwich or pizza from time to time!
Thankfully there’s so many creative people out there and tons of cool resources that you can find substitutions for any type of bread or treat.
I really love sandwiches and generally when I want a low carb option I just wrap everything in lettuce which works great, but sometimes you want something a little more “bread-like” option and these little rolls are perfect.
They’re just made with 4 ingredients and they bake up really quick! You can store them for a few days in a zip lock bag on the counter or in the fridge for a week.
They’re light and fluffy but they still hold up well even after you have all your yummy filling. I made a turkey and cheese sandwich with mayo, mustard, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and avocado.
It was delicious!
The thing I love most about eating ketogenic foods is that I don’t feel this giant “bread bomb” in my stomach after I eat. I feel more light and have more energy. I also feel really foggy headed after I eat bread so it’s been really nice to have a clearer mind while I’ve been practicing a lot of these principles!
Now on to the recipe!
- 8 large eggs (farm fresh pastured if possible- more healthy fats!)
- 1/2 c. cream cheese (organic if possible)
- 1 t. cream of tartar
- 1 t. salt (get pink Himalayan for more minerals)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks into 2 separate mixing bowls.
- Beat whites until stiff about 2 minutes.
- Add cream of tartar to whites and beat 1 more minute.
- In other bowl blend egg yolks and cream cheese and salt until very smooth.
- Fold whites into yolks gently.
- Lay some parchment paper or a silpat baking mat on a cookie sheet.
- Scoop mixture out onto cookie sheet in desired size. You could do 1/2 c. scoops or 1 c. scoops if you want bigger rolls.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Let cool and store in zip top bag for a week!
There you have it! You can definitely half the recipe, it will make about 8 “rolls” halved or 16 with the whole recipe I’ve listed above.
I’d love for you to schedule a complimentary 10 minute health coaching call! My passion is helping women heal their bodies from stress, anxiety and depression through nutrition, and many lifestyle adjustments. If you are not already a client then you can take advantage of this one time FREE 15 minute consultation. Click below to reserve your chat! I can’t wait to help you:)