Homemade Keto Sausage
Why would you want to make homemade keto sausage? Well sausage you purchase from the store generally has added sugar, msg, nitrates and nitrites, preservatives and all sorts of other questionable ingredients!
When you make your own sausage at home you know EXACTLY what is in it and you can use this seasoning in any type of ground meat! I’ve used it in turkey, beef, buffalo, venison and pork, but you could also season ground moose, chicken, antelope and more with it!!
Use this sausage when you make lasagna, meatballs, minestrone soup, stuffed peppers, breakfast sausage patties and more! It’s so versatile and flavorful. I used to add sugar and you can but it wouldn’t be keto approved;)
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, pork, turkey, chicken, venison, antelope, elk, moose...)
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 3/4 t. pink salt (unrefined)
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. basil
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. fennel seeds
- Pinch of poultry seasoning or combo of rosemary, thyme, sage
- Shake seasonings over meat in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with hands or spatula.
- If you have time let it sit covered in the fridge for the day or through the night to let flavors meld. You don't have to let it sit but it helps the flavors meld together.
- Brown in a pan when you're ready to use it and throw it in lasagna or however you'd like to use it!
- Form into patties for a breakfast sausage sandwich, add to meatballs, soups, stews and more:)
How do you use sausage? Make sure to let me know in the comments below! I’m using tonight in a low carb, keto lasagna. I’ll make sure to take pictures and post the recipe soon:) Another favorite way to use this sausage is in this easy slow cooker zucchini and sausage stew!