5 Simple Steps To Start Eating Keto
Switching to a low carb or ketogenic diet can be quite daunting. I know for me, my whole diet was based around, bread, crackers, bagels, and treats and the thought of not eating those left me wondering what else there was to eat!
As I’ve been living a keto inspired lifestyle for a while now I can honestly tell you that it DOES get a LOT easier and becomes quite enjoyable, and the health benefits are just so wonderful, it’s hard to go back!
I want to offer you 5 simple tips to start going keto so you can also reap the benefits of this wonderful lifestyle!
1. Ditch the Bread: If there’s a bun take it off! Wrap sandwiches in lettuce or keto sandwich rolls instead of bread and get rid of bagels, muffins and cereal.
2. Switch Your Fats: Stop using margarine, crisco and vegetable oil and use butter, coconut oil and olive oil instead.
3. Add More Veggies: Get more veggies into your diet by eating a big salad for lunch each day. Make sure to add some protein, and nuts and seeds and top with a simple homemade dressing of lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
4. Protein Rich Breakfast: Instead of eating cereal, muffins, toast and bagels for breakfast go with scrambled eggs, add some leftover chopped veggies to your eggs, cottage cheese and avocado, a little bacon or ham. This is the perfect time to use up veggies in your fridge that are about to go bad. I love to roast extra veggies to go with dinner and I’ll add them to my eggs the next morning and make an egg and veggie hash!
5. Drink More Water: Water is SO important for energy and proper assimilation of nutrients. You need to be getting 8 cups minimum!
Join our positive community of moms who are on the journey to living with less carbs! Click on the link below!